Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Homestretch

We had quite a ride to the clinic- it took just an hour without all the taxi's on the road. Not bad. Our driver allowed us few spots to observe scenic buildings, and unusually awesome architecture. I am not even sure what all I saw- but indeed it was stupendous to look at. The train station alone was magnificent. After a few tourist stops we got to the clinic. We were again given our own private room- and waited several hours before our time would come. Our nurses were delightful, and I think excited for us. Pramodine was especially kind. The lady who was short in stature, and full of piss and vinegar. I said "We just love you"
David got a little sick while we were there and was lucky to have a bed to lie on as well. Room 5 again, and I was a patient, patient. Just before getting called in for the final transfer- we got to go in to the Embryologist room and take a look at our embryo's under a microscope. I asked if all had made it through the night, and he said yes- you still have four, we will transfer 3 today. He showed me a beautiful 8 celled embryo, rated a grade A (the best) and two well bordered embryo's that both had 4 cells, a step behind, but he still rated it an "A" and were deemed of excellent quality as well. I was just so tickled I could barely contain myself. The 4th one was a little more diffuse then the others, and he decided along with the Dr. not to use this one. Meaning it, didn't have the beautiful clear borders of the other embies, that had such clear lines of differentiation within the egg , of each cell. Which is what you want. I was so pleased that we had such beautiful looking embryo's to transfer in that day. I couldn't believe we had arrived at this stage. A little later I was back in the magic theatre room with the Dr. and several great nurses.
We bantered and soon I was sent back to my bed- where I was made to lie down for two hours with a full bladder. I wasn't even allowed to go. I was given ample opportunity to go before my procedure, to catheter in the 3 eggs, called transfer day 3., But, unfortunately no amount of cajoling would release any liquid from the old bladder. Now I had to suffer. I kept saying to David as time grew closer, "What time is it?, I am not going to make it". 5 minutes before my alotted time- I had to make a dash. Close enough!
I was given a final shot in the arse and moved on to the waiting cab. Turns out we had used 8 hours of the cab time from start to finish. Our ride back was through amazing torrential downpour. Because there were no cabs operating the streets were full of people. We got to see a little night life in Mumbai. We saw a parade of people lining the middle of the street because they were expecting a muslim man of importance coming from the airport. I wished I had my camera as it was a sight to see.
I am so blessed that all ended up so smooth for us. Even on the ride in- there was a motorcycle accident beside us- If we had been behind it, and If the person had been seriously injured- this could have been the end of our good luck. It would have resulted in traffic jams to the max. We were so luck through out, as everything has played out to our best outcome. I have great hope, and limited expectations as to the outcome- but I now have beautiful embryo's hopefully making some headway within the protected walls of my womb. I am pleased that all went so well.
Now ,I am going to have to be very patient through the following two weeks awaiting my final fate. I am sure that I will be hypersensitive to my body and it's behaviors , looking for any signs. Today I am on bed rest, and tomorrow as well. After that I can enjoy my final days in this neat city- so full of life. I am glad that I now have a deeper understanding of the culture and ways here. It is so worth it all in all to have an experience to remember- even if all else fails.

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Stiney is sooo excited... :) Hope to see some pics soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hey, and that I am thinking of you guys...and praying hard. I have loved this running commentary on your adventures there. I hope that you and Dave have been able to see more of the sights over the last few days. Mumbai is a beautiful city, with a beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and wishing on a star. Hoping for a miraculous outcome. Much love, Kaylene

    ReplyDelete