Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Last 12 hours of Mumbai

I- can't believe I am down to the last 12 hours of being in Mumbai. I have been ill most of the night and am going back to bed in a few minutes. Tonight I met out with our friend Sameer's cousins. Sameer and his sister Babita live in the states and have become friends through David's sister. They have visited us in Colorado several times. When Sameer found out we were going to Mumbai, he made a connection for us with one of his cousins there. And so they came to the hotel today and picked me up for a late lunch. We went to a theme restaurant called "The Jail" - where all the staff dressed up like guards and inmates. It was wonderful to meet two of Sameer and Babitas first cousins, and his Fiance. We had great conversation. I learned as much about India in one day as the entire stay- which I loved.
On the way home my tummy started rumbling and troubling and soon I worried that I was going to have an accident - I kept picturing jumping out of the car, so that it (a dire accident) wouldn't be in the car- but wondered how in the world I would cope in the traffic. I was sweating bullets, with waves of trouble washing over me. I don't know how- but we made it to the hotel in the nick of time- and I got to the toilet as fast as I could. I have now been sick all evening and night- I hope that I will be okay in time for the plane flight. To think I had made it this far without serious troubles of this kind and now 24 hours and less before my flight, I was in trouble. I just took Cipro and hope that it calms things down a bit. No fun. Man! I am up late now- and will see if I can get one more round of sleep. One thing though, I was very nauseous at the lunch place, before any of the rest occurred. I am hoping that could be a sign??? I am drinking water to replace fluids as much as possible. This trip has not been easy., I know worth it. I hope to know soon if it is even more worth it than I know. Can't wait to have good news! I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, Kimberly. Hope you are feeling MUCH better as I type this. Know that countless positive thoughts are being sent your way and hoping for news of the miraculous kind soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the continual updates, Kimberly! I hope you are back at home and resting well. I am very glad you were able to meet my cousins - thank you for doing so. They are delightful and we look forward to seeing them soon. I do hope your stomach problems went away, and I am also hoping that your nauseousness before the restaurant is a sign. We love you very much and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete